Our UK Review of the Travelhouse Hard shell Lightweight Travel Luggage Suitcase
The Travelhouse Hard shell Lightweight Travel Luggage Suitcase, (yes what a long name) is however, a hugely popular choice with many UK travellers. This is a high quality suitcase that has been built to last, and is ideal for frequent flyers, or for those who want to protect their belongings when travelling.
As you can see from the image, this one looks great, and it has been extremely well made. You can buy this one in different sizes including an 18.5", 20", 24" and 28". It can also be bought in a 3-piece set.
There are 21 different colours, so you should be able to find one, that will suit your own particular style. The average cost of a suitcase of this quality is around £31-35, depending on where you make your purchase.
What Buyers Say About the Travelhouse Hard shell Suitcase
When spending any money, it is always worth checking the buyer reviews. I like to read and summarise those as it gives me a sense if it is the right product for me. After all these people have bought the product, used it and then taken the time to leave a review.
They use a 5 star rating system with 5 being the highest and best rating, and 1 being the lowest rating. I have summarised these by percentage below.
As you can see 8 out of 10 people gave this suitcase the full 5 star treatment. 93% rated it 4 stars or higher and only 3% of buyers were disappointed with their choice of suitcase. Overall those are extremely positive ratings.
What Buyers Didn't Like About the Travelhouse Hard shell
Even though the number of low ratings was very low at 3%, I always like to have a look at those. When I did I found that their complaints were about the quality of the case. A few said it was plastic and flimsy, and a couple said the key for the lock was missing. One or two buyers also said that the colour was not what they thought it would be. Some of those reviews are a tad suspect as about 6 of them all had the same headline.
What Buyers Liked About the Travelhouse Hard shell
Overall the reviews are excellent, and the suitcase has attracted an average 4.6 out of 5 stars which is an excellent rating by any standards.
At an average retail price of around £40, this case also seems good value for money. Many sellers will sell at a cheaper price than this RRP, so be on the look out for those type of bargains.
Travelhouse Cabin Approved Suitcase Specification
Below we take a look at the more specific details of this type of case.
- It is of course an ABS hard shell case and that will help protect the contents of your suitcase
- You can buy this one as a 3 piece set, an 18.5", 20", 24", 28" and as a carry on - the weight of the case will vary depending on the size you opt for
- Pick from 21 different colours
- Comes with a 3-digit combination lock and a TSA lock
- Has a wheel in each corner so can be pushed along, and also much easier to manoeuvre about a busy airport
- Telescopic push button handle
What Buyers Say About the Travelhouse Hard Case
We know that buyers rate this suitcase highly because of the high buyer rating score. Now let's summarise what those same buyers actually have to say about it.
- Wheels run very smoothly
- Those who have been on holiday say the case has stood up well to the rough baggage handling
- A well thought out and designed locking system that gives you peace of mind - see the image to the right
- The case itself looks great
- Very easy to spot on the baggage carousel when waiting for your luggage
- Super easy to manoeuvre
- Great to have a choice of sizes, so just make sure that you have the right size for your travel needs.
- Sometimes can be a little hard to zip up
- Some thought the 18.5" was too small
Our Verdict on the Travelhouse
We know from our extensive research that this brand of suitcases has been around for quite a while. The hard shell style of suitcase is a great idea, for anyone wanting to make sure the contents of their case is secure and well protected.
If this is not the case for you, then please feel free to check out our top 10 list of hard shell suitcases by clicking here, or if you prefer our top 10 list of soft sided suitcases here.
The choice of colours in this particular line of cases is really very good indeed. In terms of value for money, if you can find this for under £35, our advice would be buy it. It is good quality and almost every buyer rates it very highly.