Samsonite Neopluse Suitcase UK Review
This is my review of the Samsonite Neopulse Suitcase, a popular choice for many UK buyers. This is a high quality but expensive choice from one of the world's leading luggage brands.
Read on to find out if this hard shell case is really value for money?
Generally speaking, the Neopulse is a hard shell suitcase which combines lightness and strength thanks to the patented self-reinforced design with extra protective corners.
It certainly is an eye-catching, stylish 4 wheel luggage design which is based on innovative engineering. That engineering helps to reduce the visibility of scratches to the outer shell. You can see this better in the image just below.
A Little About the Samsonite Brand
Jesse Shwayder founded Samsonite® in 1910 in Denver. They have clearly been around for some time, over 100 years, and are known for making high quality luggage.
In their early days they were more famous for the robust wooden trunks, that watchers of the "Antique Roadshow," may be more familiar with. However it wasn't until 1974 that they produced their first suitcase on wheels.
- In 1986 they then produced their first case with a three point locking system.
- Five years later they made their first suitcase with a wide pull handle, and a year later they made a rigid, lightweight shell structure.
- In 2003 they developed the first Samsonite softside spinner with 4 wheels which offered more stability and mobility, allowing travellers to either tow or roll their suitcase.
- In 2008 they introduced the Cosmolite range. This was made of the innovative Curv® material. That resulted in the strongest and lightest Samsonite suitcase ever.
- In 2012 Samsonite succeeded in creating an extremely lightweight three-point lock polypropylene collection, due to the new revolutionary polypropylene material called Flowlite.
- In 2014 along came the Lite-Locked collection. This is their lightweight collection which merges a three-point locking system with the revolutionary Curv® material. Lightness has never been so Secure; Security has never been so Light.
From this summary timeline is is clear to see that Samsonite are a leading and innovative high quality brand for luggage.
Now that we understand a little more about the brand, let's have a closer look at this specific Neopulse suitcase.
Samsonite Neopulse Specification
Below we have shown the details of this case in a lot more detail so as you can see exactly what you are getting for your money, should you decide to buy.
What Colours Are Available?
This case is available in 4 different sizes and I have included the details just below. All sizes are available in the following choice of colours:
- Matte Black
- Matte White
- Metallic Black
- Metallic Blue
- Metallic Red
- Metallic Sand
- Metallic Silver
The metallic black I showed in the main image above, and just below I have shown the metallic red and the metallic silver. You can click on either of the images to see a larger image.
What Neopulse Case Sizes Are Available?
You can buy this in four different sizes depending on your precise needs. Please note that the price varies depending on which size of case you decide to buy. The larger the case the more you will pay, unless of course you can find a special offer on a defined size. The sizes available are shown in the table below.
Case Size (cm)
Actual Size (cm)
Please note that the small case is suitable for most airlines in the UK as a carry on or cabin piece of luggage. The only airline this is not suitable for is FlyBe due to their smaller size restriction.
Neopluse Key Features & Benefits
- The case is made of lightweight Makrolon polycarbonate - this material is very strong and durable and yet is lightweight to allow you to pack more luggage
- Reinforced protective corners
- The case has an integrated 3 digit TSA combination lock - required for flights to the USA - see explanation below
- Top compartment with lined divider pad
- Lockable zippers with colour-matching zipper
- Lightweight double tube wheel handle to adjust comfortably
- Zipped divider pad in both the top and bottom compartment
- The bottom compartment has got cross ribbons - helps keep items and clothing in place
- Has an identification/address label at the back - useful if your case gets lost
- Comes with a 5 year Global warranty
The TSA is the Transport Security Administration and is an agency of the United States Security. They require access to luggage without you being present. That means they accept certain locks which they can open and then close using a master key. If you have locks that are not TSA approved, they will likely be opened by force in order to be inspected.
Video Review of the Neopulse Case
We found this short video online that gives a very good overview of this particular case.
What Buyers Say About the Neopluse Suitcase 4 Wheel Spinner
Overall buyers have rated this case with an 86% buyer satisfaction rate. Please note that this is a summary of all the various online buyer reviews that we found online, and have then summarised to get an average rating.
Just over 2/3 of all buyers online gave this case a full 5 star review. Around 7% of all buyers gave this case a low or bad review.
We have summarised those below in the form of a Pros & Cons table, as that makes it easier to compare both the good and the bad about this Samsonite case.
PROS & CONS TABLE
- Buyers stated that it is worth paying a little more for such high quality
- Lightweight and a breeze to use and wheel about
- Sturdy and well made
- Buyers said that this case has a very nice appearance and looks very smart
- Many buyers said the smaller case is great for hand luggage and doesn't get bashed around as it doesn't go near the baggage handlers
- Quite a number of buyers said that the small case was a great cabin case for short business trips
- Does get scuffed in airports courtesy of the baggage handlers
- A few buyers say that this case scratches far too easily
- Some buyers didn't know how to claim their 5 year warranty
Our Verdict on the Samsonite Neopluse Suitcase 4 Wheel Spinner
This is a good brand of course though generally speaking their cases are an expensive purchase. Some buyers do not mind paying extra to own a branded case of this quality.
The majority of the 5 star reviews are for the smaller cabin or carry on case. The reason for that is that the case remains in your possession and control and does not get checked in to the hold. That means that it avoids the rough handing of the baggage handlers in airports.
As a result it does not get scratched, dropped, thrown around or dropped.
Some buyers of the larger cases (check-in luggage) do complain about the condition of the case, in terms of scratches and wear and tear, after a few trips. In my opinion this will happen to any case and that is down to the way they are treated by many baggage handlers at the various airports.
With this particular Neopluse case, there is a nice selection of colours in a good range of sizes. They do have all the important features that any good case should have.
If this is not the hard shell suitcase for you, then please check out our top 10 list of hard shell cases by clicking here.
Overall though this case gets good reviews. The bad reviews are about the case getting bangs and scrapes, though we would suggest that is down to what happens at the airports, rather then the quality of the case. The 5-year global waarranty should offer potential buyers some peace of mind.