Samsonite Aeris Spinner Suitcase UK Review
This is my review of the Samsonite Aeris suitcase range, and is one of the best selling Samsonite range for many UK buyers. This is a very high quality case from one of the world's leading luggage brands.
Read on to find out if this hard shell case is really value for money?
These cases have got all the important key features that any good case should have. There is a 3 point locking TSA approved system, a practical interior, with a divider and cross ribbons for secure packing.
They are available in 3 sizes and 4 different colours and they are made from a tough and robust lightweight polypropylene hard shell material. You can see the general appearance in the image below.
A Little About the Samsonite Brand
Jesse Shwayder founded Samsonite® in 1910 in Denver. They have clearly been around for some time, over 100 years, and are known for making high quality luggage.
In their early days they were more famous for the robust wooden trunks, that watchers of the "Antique Roadshow," may be more familiar with. However it wasn't until 1974 that they produced their first suitcase on wheels.
- In 1986 they then produced their first case with a three point locking system.
- Five years later they made their first suitcase with a wide pull handle, and a year later they made a rigid, lightweight shell structure.
- In 2003 they developed the first Samsonite softside spinner with 4 wheels which offered more stability and mobility, allowing travellers to either tow or roll their suitcase.
- In 2008 they introduced the Cosmolite range. This was made of the innovative Curv® material. That resulted in the strongest and lightest Samsonite suitcase ever.
- In 2012 Samsonite succeeded in creating an extremely lightweight three-point lock polypropylene collection, due to the new revolutionary polypropylene material called Flowlite.
- In 2014 along came the Lite-Locked collection. This is their lightweight collection which merges a three-point locking system with the revolutionary Curv® material. Lightness has never been so Secure; Security has never been so Light.
From this summary timeline is is clear to see that Samsonite are a leading and innovative high quality brand for luggage.
Now that we understand a little more about the brand, let's have a closer look at this specific Aeris Spinner suitcase.
Samsonite Aeris Spinner Specification
Below we have shown the details of this case in a lot more detail so as you can see exactly what you are getting for your money, should you decide to buy.
What Colours Are Available?
This case is available in 3 different sizes and I have included the details just below. All sizes are available in the following choice of colours:
- Cielo Blue
- Vivid Blue
The red colour I have shown in the main image above, and just below I have shown the black colour and the Cielo blue colours. You can click on either of the images to see a larger image.
What Aeris Case Sizes Are Available?
You can buy this in three different sizes depending on your precise needs. Please note that the price varies depending on which size of case you decide to buy.
The larger the case the more you will pay, unless of course you can find a special offer on a defined size. The sizes available are shown in the table below.
Case Size (cm)
Actual Size (cm)
Aeris Spinner Key Features & Benefits
- The case is made of lightweight and robust polypropylene
- Has a patterned texture
- Clam shell styled case with a piano style hinge
- 3 Locking clasps - one of which is a TSA approved lock
- Extending single bar handle allows for more actual packing space
- Case is sealed using a rubber grommet
- Very smooth wheels
The TSA is the Transport Security Administration and is an agency of the United States Security. They require access to luggage without you being present. That means they accept certain locks which they can open and then close using a master key. If you have locks that are not TSA approved, they will likely be opened by force in order to be inspected.
Video Review of the Samsonite Aeris
We found this short video online that gives a very good overview of this particular case.
What Buyers Say About the Samsonite Aeris Spinner Case
Overall buyers have rated this case with an 92% buyer satisfaction rate. Please note that this is a summary of all the various online buyer reviews that we found online, and have then summarised to get an average rating.
Just over 76% of all buyers online gave this case a full 5 star review. Around 5% of all buyers gave this case a low or bad review.
We have summarised those below in the form of a Pros & Cons table, as that makes it easier to compare both the good and the bad about this Samsonite case.
PROS & CONS TABLE
- Buyers stated that the case is very well made and very well designed
- The clasps are very good and also useful to have a TSA approved lock in the middle
- Extremely easy to walk with this case and also easy to move around quietly
- Very smart looking case
- Holds up really well to airport abuse
- A few buyers said the wheels were too small
- No elasticated pocket on the inside
- No liner
Our Verdict on the Samsonite Aeris Spinner Suitcase
This is a good brand of course and it certainly seems that buyers do not mind paying extra for such high quality. It is hard to argue with an overall 92% buyer satisfaction rating.
There are a very high percentage of 5 star reviews for this case and that is over a long period of time which tells us that the case has not reduced in quality.
The Aeris Spinner has been out for sometime and yet continues to be bought by many UK travellers who want to own a good piece of reliable and robust luggage.
According to real life buyers they are well impressed by how sensible and practical this case in. The material used is a good thick robust plastic type of material that stand up to the rigours of modern travel.
If this is not the hard shell suitcase for you, then please check out our top 10 list of hard shell cases by clicking here.
Overall though this case gets very good reviews. The bad reviews are minor and mainly down to some small recommendations of features that some buyers prefer to have in their cases.