As you can see from the image above, this really is a very nice looking case, and it certainly looks the part.
The American Tourister Bon Air Suitcase is one of the highest selling hard shell suitcases on the UK market. This case is at the higher end of the price point for this style of case, but that said, it is of very high quality.
Buyers rate this case with an average buyer satisfaction rating of 84%. That is high for an type of luggage, and a great sign that this one is worth considering, when it comes to spending your hard earned cash.
What Buyers Say About the American Tourister Bon Air Suitcase
When spending any money, it is always worth checking the buyer reviews. I like to read and summarise those as it gives me a sense if it is the right product for me. After all these people have bought the product, used it and then taken the time to leave a review.
Overall they rated this one at 84% buyer satisfaction with 6 out of every 10 buyers giving this the full 5 star treatment. Around 11% of all buyers gave this case a low rating. We shall check out just below why that was the case in the section below, as we like our readers to have all of the facts.
What Buyers Didn't Like About the American Tourister
The number of low ratings was 11%, I always like to have a look at those. I have listed those below so as you know why they rated the case with a low satisfaction rating.
- Those buyers said the case was light, looked well but did not stand up to much wear and tear, especially from the baggage handlers
- A few buyers received a faulty case with either wheels not working properly or broken zips on the case
- Some buyers simply said they expected better quality for the money that they had spent
What Buyers Liked About the American Tourister
In this section we look at those 88% of buyers who rated this case highly and we summarise below what they had to say about this hard shell case:
- Buyers said it was lightweight, sturdy, easy to handle and holds everything you need for 1-3 week holidays
- Buyers liked the sipped pockets
- A great locking system that makes you feel the contents are secure
- Can take rough treatment at the airport, but like any case may get scratched or worn after time
- Buyers said that the wheels are great and makes moving the case around a very simple and easy process.
Specification of the Case
Below we take a look at the more specific details of this type of case.
- It is an ABS hard shell case and that will help protect the contents of your suitcase - made of 100% polypropylene
- This is a large case 75cm with a 91 litre capacity - ideal for a 2 week holiday stay
- Pick from 16 different colours, black, red, green, pink, purple, mint green, pop green, lilac, midnight navy, turquoise, white, yellow, porcelain blue, fresh pink and matt black.
- Comes with a 3-digit combination lock and a TSA lock
- Has a wheel in each corner so can be pushed along, and also much easier to manoeuvre about a busy airport
- Telescopic push button handle
- Has 3 studs at the side for more stability when set on its side
Our Verdict on the American Tourister Bon Air
This is one of the highest buyer rated hard shell suitcases that is currently available on the UK market. Buyers clearly like it and the number of complaints about this case is very low.
Price wise it is at the higher end, but you will know as well as me, that with most products you do get what you pay for.
This is a good choice for anyone wanting a hard shell case for going on a summer break for a couple of weeks.
We know from our extensive research that this brand of suitcases has been around for quite a while. The hard shell style of suitcase is a great idea, for anyone wanting to make sure the contents of their case is secure and well protected.
If this is not the case for you, then please feel free to check out our top 10 list of hard shell suitcases by clicking here, or if you prefer our top 10 list of soft sided suitcases here.
With reference to the Bon Air from the American Tourister brand, there is a lot to like about this case. It is well made, certainly looks the part, has a large capacity and the good quality lock does keep your valuables secure.
Buyers say they like the wheels as they glide easily. Like any case, baggage handlers can mistreat this one. No doubt it will end up getting scratched like many others I have seen on the luggage belt.
For now though buyers rate this highly, and we have no hesitation in recommending this one to you.