MYCARBON Luggage Scale UK Review - Top Selling Portable Travel Scales
This is our UK review of the MYCARBON Luggage Scale, one of the best selling portable travel scales currently available in the UK. These are accurate scales and you can weigh your luggage in either kilos or pounds weight. This model came out at number 2 on our top 10 list of luggage scales, with the FreeToo coming in at number one.
All the airports in the UK use kg as their main weight, and your baggage allowance is quoted in Kg. (There are 2.2 lbs in 1 kg) These scales can weigh in both but it is recommended to weigh your bags in Kilos.
These MYCARBON scales are easy to read as they use an LCD display with a back light, so can even be used in the dark.
We have done a detailed review below, but for those of you who don't have time to read all of that, we have provided a short summary review just below.
MYCARBON Luggage Scale Concise Review
As you can see these cost less than £8, and they come with a very good 90% buyer satisfaction.
They have sold a lot and there are plenty of buyer reviews on these. That helps us gather the required information. With these in hand, you will never have to risk getting charged for over weight luggage again.
MYCARBON Luggage Scale Detailed Review
In this more detailed review, we explain in more detail about these scales. These allow you to weigh your luggage before going to the airport. As they are light and small you can also take these with you, and then have them to weigh your bags on your return journey.
When you are sure of your luggage you can avoid expensive excessive baggage weight charges. If you have ever been a victim of excessive baggage allowance, then you will know the importance of not being overweight when you go to check in. The airlines charge ridiculous amounts of money if your luggage happens to be overweight.
You are usually left with three choices:
- Removing some of your luggage from your main case to your hand luggage if that is possible
- Dumping some of your luggage or wearing it
- Paying the airline a certain price per kilo to take it onboard.
The price you will be charged does vary a lot from airline to airline, but on average it is anything between £10-20 per kilo. That can very quickly add up if you happen to be 3-4 kilos overweight.
None of the options shown above are ideal and you are always better off being prepared. That means checking your baggage allowance carefully for both the bag that is going in the hold, and also your hand luggage. Most airlines have a weight allowance on both types of bags.
A few airlines like Easyjet have no limits on hand luggage, but most of the main airlines do.
Why Buy A Luggage Scale?
It can be embarrassing standing at checkout with some very fussy check-in person telling you that your bags are overweight. Not only does it hold up the queue for other passengers, but it is even worse when you have to start rummaging through your bags to remove some items.
If you don't want to do that, then you have to pay up and that usually means going to a service desk to make the payment which delays you even more.
The Return Journey
This is usually where the overweight baggage problems happen. We can easily buy too many gifts and treasures on holiday. It then becomes a guessing game as we try to figure out the weight of the case.
The bottom line is that we really don't know the weight of the case, and that case is usually packed in a hurry on departure.
If you are staying in a hotel, they may have a set of luggage scales, but it can be a bit of a hit and miss. Usually they are in the foyer so you have to bring the cases down, weigh them and then bring them back to your room.
It is either that or weight them when you are leaving the hotel, and try to rearrange things if you happen to be overweight. It can all get a bit frantic and tempers can get frayed.
It is also worth mentioning that hotel scales are really not that accurate.
If you own a set of lightweight portable travel scales, then those problems go away. They are easy to use at home and also easy to take with you. They are designed to weigh cases, super easy to use and also very accurate.
Why Buy the MYCARBON Luggage Scales?
There are a lot of these types of scale on the UK market, so why buy this one?
It sells well, has a buyer satisfaction rating of 90%, costs under £8 and it is accurate and very easy to use. Most buyers love the idea that you can take it with you so as you can weigh your bags once you have packed them for the homeward journey.
These can weigh luggage up to 50 Kilos (110 lbs)
- With these scales you can weigh up to 50 kg , and in terms of accuracy they are accurate with a deviation of no more than 50 grams.
- These are also easy to read and use an LCD display with a back light should you need that.
- You can take these with you as they only weigh 91 grams
- They turn off automatically so no wasting of the battery if you forget to turn the scales off and it has a low battery warning
- They are well made, look pretty stylish and popular with buyers in the UK
What Buyers Say About the MYCARBON Luggage Scale
In this section we look at what buyers have to say when they have bought the MYCARBON scales, used them and then taken the time to leave a review. This information is available at a range of online websites such as Amazon.
Here at Luggage News we check those reviews out so as you don't have to, and then we summarise the information. That hopefully will save you time searching through and making sense of the many reviews.
We have put that together in the Pros and Cons table just below.
PROS & CONS
- 78 out of 100 buyers gave this the full 5 star review treatment
- 5 out of 100 buyers gave this a bad review
- Overall he buyer satisfaction rate was 90%
- Buyers said these are a whole lot easier to use than bathroom scales
- Buyers said the clip is tough and durable and you can hook up almost anything with the strap
- Buyers said this held the weight even after you had set the bag down, meaning you don't have to hold it in the air for too long, or get someone else to read it
- Buyers said the grip on this was very comfortable
- Some buyers had problems with the battery coming loose
- A few buyers said the display kept flickering
- A couple of buyers received a faulty product
Short 1 Minute Video Review
If this is not the scale for you, then you can check out our list of the top 10 luggage scales by clicking here.
This MYCARBON is a good option, that sells well and it does get a very high buyer satisfaction rating. Buyers online do buy this for a whole variety of weighing tasks it would seem, anything from luggage to larger fish.