Best Garment Bag UK Reviews
On this page we review what we believe to be the best garment bags for travel. As you may already know, these bags are ideal for carefully transporting special clothing items, when going on a trip or a holiday.
Typically garment bags are used for suits and dresses. They are also used for carrying dance costumes. Their purpose is to help keep any garments inside, safe and hopefully wrinkle free.
Business people use these regularly when travelling. They are also very popular for people going to weddings. The good thing about this type of bag is that they have been designed so as you can take them as carry on or hand luggage.
If you can avoid your good suit, or dress from going into the hold of the airplane, then that is a very good thing.
Garment Bag - Pricing & Quality
There are plenty of theses bags available on the UK market. Depending on what quality you want, they range in price from around £10-50. All the leading luggage brands make these, and they do come in different shapes and sizes. You can also buy these with wheels for easier transportation.
Below we look at what are the best, according to actual buyers.
Top 10 Garment Bags - Buyer Rated
The top 5 rated garment bags are:
- Hangerworld Cover Bags
- Kenley Business Luggage Travel Suit Dress Garment Bag
- Karabar Potton Suit/Garment Carrier
- Karabar Lightweight Wheeled Garment/Suit Carrier
- Samsonite Travel Garment Bag
- Clay Roberts Suit Cover Garment Bags
- Zegur 40-Inch 3 Suit Carry-on Garment Bag for Travel
- Baseline Deluxe Wheeled Garment Bag
- London Fog Knightsbridge 44" Wheeled Garment Bag
- Gino Ferrari, Manhattan Wheeled Garment Bag
No 6 Garment Bag - Clay Roberts Suit Cover Garment Bags
Although advertised as a suit garment bag, this can be used to hold any type of clothing. This is a pack of three and we think they are very good value for money.
They measure 95cm x 61cm (37" x 24") and they are shower proof. They are made from a protective material and they have large zip openings.
These are cheap and cheerful garment bags that you can use for shirts, suits and dresses. These are also a good choice if you just want to use them to add some protection to the suits hanging inside your wardrobe.
No 7 Garment Bag - Zegur 40-Inch 3 Suit Carry-on Garment Bag for Travel
Buyers rate this bag highly with a 94% buyer satisfaction rating. The bag has an interior buckle designed to keep your clothes in place and stop them from wrinkling.
It is a stylish bag and has been designed to fit in the overhead lockers on planes. It also has interior zipped pockets and an exterior pocket for travel documentation.
It has high quality zips, made from a fray resistant material and it is waterproof.
Comes with a 100% money back guarantee
No 8 Garment Bag - Baseline Deluxe Wheeled Garment Bag
This comes with a lifetime warranty that also covers airport damage, but at this price you would expect that to be the case.
As you can imagine this is a high end garment bag from a very high end brand.
It has 2 mesh pockets for undergarments, a zippered shoe pocket, a tie/scarf pocket, and a zippered pocket.
There are 2 sets of Wally clamps to securely hang 4-6 suits.
There is also a key keeper and a larger section for your casual clothes.
No 9 Garment Bag - London Fog Knightsbridge 44" Wheeled Garment Bag
Another high end polyester garment bag with wheels that gets 100% buyer satisfaction reviews. This bag is as you can see from the price a high end option.
Like the one above it uses high quality wally lock metal to hold clothes securely in place, and it is fully lined with tie down straps.
It measures 4 x 23 x 44, weighs 4.5 kg and has a telescopic handle and in line skate wheels for smooth running.
The bag holds a lot and can be taken onboard most UK airlines.
No 10 Garment Bag - Gino Ferrari, Manhattan Wheeled Garment Bag
Another designer bag and this time from Gino Ferrari. This is a wheeled garment bag that measures 58(W) x 48(H) x 20.5(D)cm (closed) and weighs 5 kg.
It has a zipped main compartment, is fully lined and also has clothes retaining straps. It has multiple interior pockets.
It has a hanging hook system inside and comes with a limited lifetime warranty. It is certainly one of the most stylish garment bags that are currently available.
This can hold 2 suits ideal for business trips.
Garment Bag Buying Guide
As you can see, from our top 10 list above, these do come in a variety of designs. There are the basic cheap and cheerful ones. Those are ideal for one-off type of uses.
Some people also just buy these to offer some protection to their suits when they are hanging in the wardrobe. A cheap and cheerful set of 3 bags is most likely all you need if that is the reason that you are buying them for.
Then there are those more expensive ones, that in my opinion are better suited for those who have to travel a lot. In a previous job I had to regularly travel throughout the UK. That meant a lot of overnight stays. Having one of the better garment bags, meant I could carry around a few suits, shirts etc.
These bags allowed me to have wrinkle free clothing, and also the convenience of having them all in one simple bag.
The question then is do you want to have wheels on them to make life easier and more comfortable for yourself. Personally I preferred a garment bag with wheels and to be honest the older you get, the more having wheels will help.
In my own younger days I didn't really mind carrying around a bag. However as I got older the strain on the shoulders started to tell. I changed then to a wheeled bag and simply wish that I had done that earlier in my career.
For most people who only ever do a trip or a few trips a year, then my recommendation is to buy something cheap and cheerful. You may need to take a suit to a wedding, or a dress to a wedding. If the attire is expensive, then you may want to pay a little more for a better quality bag.
For regular business travellers then you want the bag to be able to meet a number of regular requirements. I have listed these below in what I think are the most important order:
- Will the garment bag hold everything? - Yes I may want to take a business suit but I will also want to take my laptop, some other casual clothes and usually some paper work, along with the usual toiletries. For a regular traveller make sure the bag is capable of doing that.
- Does it Meet the Airline Size? - If like me you fly regularly with Easyjet, Ryanair and the other UK airlines, then you will know all about the cabin luggage restrictions. Most business people will not want to check in luggage. Make sure your travel garment bag meets the size measurements of these airlines. Ryanair for example is 55x40x20 cm and British Airways is 56x45x25 cm
- Ease of Transport - Wheels for me are an essential and good ones at that. When younger I did carry the bag around but the weight can quickly take its toll. I would recommend buying any bag with wheels. A solid top handle is also important for quick lifting. I also like to have the option of a shoulder strap.
- Security - Even though when I travelled in the UK my bag seldom left my side, it is still a very good idea to have some type of locking system. It does not take an airport thief long to swipe a tablet or laptop.
- Length of Trip - Some people will just have a day trip, others an overnight and some people work away Sunday to Thursday. For travellers like this just make sure that the garment bag will hold what you need.
- One Suit or More? - You may of course have to bring more than one suit, or a combination of suits, dresses and casual wear. Many of these bags will comfortably hold one suit. If you need more make sure to check that your bag can handle that requirement.