This hard-case suitcase from the “5 Cities Brand” is an affordable and highly rated case that is a popular choice with many travellers. It is officially classed as a 4 Wheel Spinner. This bag is ideal for people who want the better protection that a hard case offers without having to break the bank.
These Hardshell luggage bags are a more reliable way to protect your luggage from getting bumped and battered, especially by careless baggage handlers. These cases have a 5 year guarantee.
The smaller 21″ is ideal as hand luggage for all airlines, including Ryanair, Easyjet and British Airways.
If you need something for a 7-10 day holiday then we would recommend the 25″ and for a longer summer style holiday of 2-3 weeks then the 29″ would be the best choice. You do get better value if you buy any one of the two sets available. That said, it is only value if you will actually need them.
Key Features of this Hard Sided Case
- The handle slides up and down and retracts.
- Because of the 4 Wheel Spinner the case is easy to move around and you can pull it along or just push it in front of you or to the side.
- There is a combination code lock on the case and all you have to do is set your own code. (Just don’t forget it!!!)
- There are luggage straps inside and you can clip those together which helps keeps your clothes in place.
This bag comes in three distinct sizes which are:
- 21″ which costs on average £43
- 25″ which costs on average £53
- 29″ which costs on average £43 (Special Offer at Amazon)
You can also buy it as a 2-piece set and a 3-piece set
The 2 piece is a 21″ and a 25″ and costs on average £80
The 3 piece set is a 21″, a 25″ and a 29″ and costs on average £110
If you ant to buy this one, then click here for best prices and any discounts available at Amazon.
- Aqua – a light blue
- Matt Black
- Great Britain – Union Jack Pattern
- PCFS35 – New York Pattern
- Rio – Sporting Pattern
- Route 66
So as you can see a great choice in colours, a few options in size and also the option to get a matching set where you can have one piece for the hold and one piece for the cabin.
Size, Weight Capacity, Dimensions
21″ = Weight 2.70Kg, capacity 33L, dimension 46 x 20 x 35CM
25″ = Weight 3.90Kg, capacity 84L, dimension 63 x 28 x 48CM
29″ = Weight 4.70Kg, capacity 131L, dimension 73 x 32 x 56CM
What Real Buyers Think of this 5 Cities Case
This hard case has around 100 online buyer reviews available to read, which is a lot and on average they have rated this product at 90% buyer satisfaction. That is a very good and consistent rating for luggage. Generally speaking buyers liked this one for the following reasons:
- 5 Year Warranty for peace of mind
- Well made and feels nice and solid but still light in weight
- The handle is slightly padded with gel but that makes it very easy on the hand
- The wheels are smooth and just glide along
- People love the glossy finish
There are not a lot which I always like to see. Those that did have reason to complain complained about:
- Said the lock was a cheap offering and didn’t work
- Thought they were getting 3 pieces when ordering a single suitcase
In the main though there is really not a lot to complain about. To find a good quality hard case for this price is pretty difficult and we think this one does tick all the boxes. There are slightly better ones available but you will have to pay a great deal more to get them.
One reviewer had this to say,
Suit case is perfect looks way better than the picture. Is as described by seller. Zips, wheels handle all in working order, nice smooth action. Over the moon with it
And another said this,
Bought this case as a gift for my son who loved it as the design is unusual, fitted enough in it for a week away, four wheels great for trundling around and looks great after being thrown around in planes and transfer coaches.
Summary and Verdict
We don’t recommend products ever unless they have consistently high ratings and are good quality and great value for money. This hard case from 5 Cities does tick all those boxes and so we have no hesitation in recommending this one at all.
If this is not the hard case suitcase for you, then please check out our top 10 list of the best hard case suitcases on the UK market, by clicking here.
However with this one, it is a very good brand, a very good product and actual buyers would support that strongly. The buyer rating is also very high and consistent at 90%